Friday, July 2, 2010

Christian Nation??

One of my more conservative friends posted an article from Faux News "Are we still one Nation, under God?"  By Todd Starnes.  This is what my answer to him is:
The Pilgrims who came first to this country came looking for a place to worship God as they chose not as some government told them to worship. The author of the Declaration of Independence, Thomas Jefferson, was a Diest. He believed in God but with reason and a belief that man has control of his life. He believed God created the universe, but didn't keep his hand in the running of it. I am a Christian and believe with all my heart that Jesus Christ died to save me from hell, but I also believe with all my heart that this country was founded to be a free country. Free of people telling others how to live their lives or worship their God. Their God, whom by the way is all our God. Generally, people who believe in God believe in the same God, just in different ways and not necessarily through Jesus Christ. I love my country, America, I proudly fly a flag outside my house, I believe God has given me many blessings. I also believe that God has created all of us and we are all His children regardless if we believe in Him or not. He proved His never ending love for us by sacrificing His Son. I also shoud mention that I believe God is male and female or niether is that helps you wrap your head around it better. I use the male terminology just because that is what we are all most familiar with.


Christian nation. If we were truly a Christian nation thinking in the way of Christ, we would not be having this discussion.
 
Feel free to add your thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment