Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Fourth of July!

I just finished watching "1776" on TCM.  I haven't watched that movie fully through since it first came out in 1972.  It's kind of corn ball given it's a musical about the birth of our Nation, but I actually found myself crying at the end when the Congress voted for and signed the Declaration Of Independence. 
I also found myself, throughout the movie comparing the original congress members to current ones.  It was kind of funny in a way to see that things haven't changed in 235 years. 
I love this country desperately.  I pray that we will get this current crisis right as they did in 1776 when John Adams and the others fought so hard for our independence.  I would really hate to see that fight go to waste after all these years...

No comments:

Post a Comment