Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Get Over It???

I keep hearing the right-wing pundits and trolls saying "get over it, you lost the election, we have a new president".  NO! I will not get over this. You know who needs to "get over it"? Bill O'Reilly and all the other angry old white men that see their white privilege slipping away. Bill O'Reilly thinks the left is racist. He thinks we want to abolish the Electoral College to take away the white man's power.  He thinks the popular vote is unfair to the white working class American. Really??  Well, I've got news for you Mr. O'Reilly, you are quickly becoming the minority.  So, why shouldn't we go with the popular vote so the MAJORITY can have the representation they want in government? You think we shouldn't count California's votes? Hmmm, last time I checked California was still a state in these UNITED States of America. I'm pretty sure the Democratic Party would have won the Electoral College too,  if most of the red states hadn't jerry-rigged districts and made it nearly impossible for many minority people or democratic leaning people to vote.  Over the past 30 or more years, the GOP has done nothing but cheat, lie and steal to get themselves into power. The kings of the cranky ol' white men, Charles & David Koch, have been working on this for years.  They've nearly managed to take this country over. But, you know what? Senator Bernie Sanders, in my opinion, woke up a sleeping giant.  We are not going down without a fight. I will say that one of President Obama's biggest mistakes was to try to work across the aisle with the GOP. He could've offered a pot of gold for every household and Congress would have denied it rather than give the President credit for doing something good for the country. I am hoping there are people out there that will be following in Senator Sanders', and Senator Warren's footsteps who will pull us up out of this national nightmare we are heading into. I have to have this hope, as the alternative is to hope for nuclear war and I'll be gone in a flash. I will be working with others within the Democratic Party to make changes and bring the party back to the working person. I'm not mad Hillary lost, I'm mad the tRump won.  I cannot for the life of me ever understand why people thought he would make a good President. God help us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment